CAREERS AT WAVES
At WAVES we understand that the team that make up the working family, is as important as the amazing care provided to our clients pets.
Western Australian Veterinary Emergency and Specialty (WAVES) are an emergency, critical care and specialty veterinary hospital that opened in Success, WA in May 2013. From time to time, vacancies may become available, and will be advertised in various locations. If you read an advertisement and feel the role is right for you, then please follow the application instructions listed in each advertisement, as they may vary.
WAVES takes recruitment very seriously, and we like to ensure that the role is right for the person, as well as the person right for the role. Many of our team have been with us since we opened in 2013.
FULL TIME NURSE – Day Hospital Receptionist (posted 21/1/2019)
Are you a vet nurse with a passion for fast paced high quality service with a smile?
After over 5 years at WAVES, one of our nurses is moving on into a new chapter in her life, so we are in need of another motivated, qualified nurse, to join our amazing day reception team.
Does working weekdays only, with no overtime EVER, appeal to you? Then read on to find out how you can be a part of the WAVES family.
The ideal candidate will possess previous veterinary nurse experience and will be looking at mastering a professional receptionist position.
The WAVES hospital opened in 2013 and is a busy modern, purpose built facility. WAVES offers specialist referral services for dermatology, internal medicine and oncology, specialist surgery and diagnostic imaging. WAVES also provides 24/7 emergency and critical care services.
Although the doors are open 24/7, this vacancy is for a position within the day reception team, so your shifts are on a Monday to Friday roster. You must be able to work a shift between the hours of 7am and 7pm. Current shifts to fill are 830am-7pm and 11am to 7pm, however, alternative shifts may be required during leave cover. We have the need for full time equivalent, and will accept part time applications for candidates willing to work occasional extra hours for leave cover.
The day reception team provides administrative support for all of the emergency and referral services of Medicine, Oncology, Surgery, Emergency/Critical Care, Dermatology and Diagnostic Imaging. No sole charge, you will work as part of the reception team and there is no requirement to work overtime or on weekends or public holidays.
As a professional receptionist, you will be the first and last person to meet and speak to clients at our hospital so it is essential that you make them feel comfortable and deal with them in an efficient, professional and caring manner. You will play a vital role in the day to day operation of the hospital by ensuring that patients are booked in appropriately to see the correct specialist and that you expedite phone calls from referring veterinarians to the appropriate specialist when they require phone advice.
You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and be able to be flexible to adapt to whatever the day may hold. Your ability to multitask with accuracy and your willingness to learn will enable you to embrace this unique role, which is suitable for veterinary nurses with applied knowledge and experience. Previous experience as a referral hospital receptionist is not essential but will be highly regarded as will experience with Cornerstone. However, your professional approach and attention to detail is more important to us!
Although we are a large hospital, there is a strong focus on maintaining a positive workplace environment, with regular social functions and a really well stocked kitchen complete with coffee machine and snacks.
Your duties will include:
- Triage phone calls for urgency and processing specialist referral documentation
- Processing bookings for the vast array of services offered
- Providing premium customer service during patient arrivals and departures as well as phone calls
- Processing large amounts of emails; ensuring that lab results and referral letters are appropriately processed and directed to the attention of the appropriate specialty department
- Processing accounts and daily banking according to hospital policies
- Providing general administration assistance for the entire hospital
- Professional phone manner and face-to-face communication
- Cert IV Vet Nursing or equivalent qualification; VSB registration essential
- Minimum 18 months clinical nursing experience
- Minimum 6 months veterinary reception experience
- You thrive in team environment and flourish in the receptionist role
- You need to be self-motivated, confident and fast when it’s busy
- You are flexible, adaptable and a demonstrate your positive ‘can do’ attitude
- You possess emotional resilience and good conflict management skills and the ability to maintain your own personal wellness
- It is essential that you are flexible to work between the hours of 7am and 7pm, Mon – Fri, part time applicants must be able to work Fridays until 7pm.
Does this sound perfect for you?
Full induction and training is provided with a structured program and support for ongoing learning.
Please note: this position is for reception only. Due to the business structure, this role does not ‘get your foot in’ for other roles. Each service department at WAVES recruits their own staff independently.
If you believe you meet the criteria to join our team as a hospital receptionist then please forward your application letter and CV, addressed to the Administration Supervisor, Sarah, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.