WAVES is equipped to deal with a wide variety of orthopaedic complaints. We are able to perform arthroscopic assessment and treatment for a number of joint conditions. We offer a variety of treatments for dogs with cranial cruciate ligament disease including TPLO (tibial plateau levelling osteotomy), TTO (triple tibial osteotomy), “tight-rope” extracapsular reconstruction as well as standard extracapsular techniques.
We routinely deal with complex fracture repairs with extensive experience using internal implants as well as linear and circular external fixators. We also offer both cemented and bone integrated total hip replacements, catering for small cats and dogs as well as our medium and large breed patients.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
Common Surgical Procedures
Types of orthopaedic surgeries we perform include:
Cranial cruciate ligament stabilisation
- Osteotomy based procedures including TPLO, TTO and TWO.
- Extracapsular stabilisation procedures including Tightrope.
Hip dysplasia surgeries
- TPO/DPO procedures
- Juvenile pubic symphysiodesis
- Total hip replacement
Joint dislocation repairs
- Hip luxation including toggle stabilisation
- Hock stabilisation post ligamentous injury
- Medial and lateral patella luxation corrections
- Minimally invasive treatment of fragmented coronoid processes and OCD in elbows
- Minimally invasive treatment of shoulder OCD
- Stifle examination for cranial cruciate ligament injury and meniscal injury
- Bone plating with standard and locking plate systems
- Linear and circular external fixation systems
- Minimally invasive percutaneous osteosynthesis techniques
- Intraoral splint application for jaw fractures
Arthrodeses (Joint fusions)
- Pancarpal and partial carpal arthrodesis for wrist osteoarthritis or injuries
- Pantarsal and partial tarsal arthrodesis for hock osteoarthritis or injuries
Angular limb deformity and limb length corrections
CONTACT OUR TEAM
Have a referral?
Have you been referred by a vet? Please complete the registration form.
Soft Tissue &
OUR SURGERY TEAM
Meet Our Surgery Team
Specialties & Services
Veterinary Referral & Emergency Services