WAVES launched our new Dermatology Service in March 2018.
Headed by Dr Meng Siak, fellow of Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists and registered specialist in veterinary dermatology.
Our dermatology department is adept in dealing with a wide range of skin related problems including itchy skin, immune mediated disorders of the skin and food allergies.
Many skin problems can be managed by your regular vet, however, in some cases, referral to a Specialist Dermatologist is needed for advanced procedures or treatment.
A Referral from your pets regular vet, is required, and bookings are available on Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. (closed public holidays and weekends)
Specialist Dermatology Services
- Intradermal skin testing and desensitization
- Diagnosis and management of unusual or complicated skin conditions
- Bee and wasp allergy testing and desensitization for patients who have had previous anaphylactic reactions.
- Video otoscopy, CT and MRI imaging and CO2 laser therapy enable detailed examination and treatment of complicated ear conditions.
- CO2 laser therapy for excision of viral papillomas and treatment of viral plaques, follicular cysts and tumours.
What to expect
If indicated, your vet will complete a referral form for your pet to see the Specialist Veterinary Dermatologist at WAVES. Typically upon receipt of this form, the friendly WAVES reception team will call to schedule the appointment for your pet. Alternatively, the booking can be made by yourself or your vet. In most cases, your pet will need to have fasted overnight, so no food from 8pm the night before.